The Palézieux- Montbovon line came into being between 1901 and 1904 and the Bulle-Broc line began operations in 1912. At the outset, they were both run by the "Chemins de fer électriques de la Gruyère (CEG)", which later consolidated with the above-mentioned standard-gauge railways to form the GFM in 1942. Bulle is the centre of operations with depot workshops and connection to the standard-gauge railway to Romont. The transfer to the MOB takes place in Montbovon; until 1969, Châtel-St. Denis, also had a connection to the CEV to Vevey. Today, passenger traffic is carried out by motor train sets, and goods traffic is most often carried out with standard-gauge wagons transported on carrier trucks.